Commercial Grade Texas Star Target
- PATENT PENDING design maximizes reliability and versatility
- Rated for handguns, rifles and shotguns (buckshot)
- Maximum velocity at the target = 3,000 fps
- Maximum energy at the target = 1,300 ft/lbs
- Minimum shooting distance (handguns = 10 yards / rifles = 100 yards)
- Includes (5) 8" diameter x 3/8" thick AR500 paddles
- Includes (5) AR500 x 3/8" thick arms
- Spring retention system makes resetting the target quick and easy
- Commercial grade design suitable for high volume use
- Target stands over 6' tall when fully assembled
- Heavy gauge cover protects pillow bearings from falling plates
- Precision machined shaft is nickel chrome plated for weather resistance
- Includes (2) industrial pillow bearings with grease fittings
- 48" diameter hub assembly fits in most truck beds and installs with a single bolt
- AR500 components (Paddles & Arms) ship unpainted
Our Texas Star Target is one of our most challenging target designs. The 8" plates are held in place with a unique spring retention system. When shot, the plates are released from the retention pocked and fall to the ground. The change in weight distribution causes the hub and 8" plates to rotate. The precision machined shaft and duel pillow bearings maximize the speed and change of direction with each successful shot on the plates.
Resetting the target is quick and simple. Just lift the spring and insert the stem of the plate into the pocket. One person can reset all five plates in about 20 seconds.
Texas Star shooting targets have been used in competition for years. The Texas Star is commonly used in 3-Gun and USPSA matches. The Star Target also has a place in tactical and law enforcement programs as training on moving targets has become mandatory for many law enforcement agencies across the country.
Overall Height: 6' 2" Tall
Paddles: 8" diameter x 3/8" thick AR500 steel (paddles ship unpainted)
Vertical Stem: 5/16" thick A36 angle iron with black powder coat finish
Arms: 3/8" thick AR500 steel (arms ship unpainted)
Finish Notes: AR500 Paddles & Arms ship unpainted, other components are powder or liquid coated as shown
Total Product Weight: 142 lbs (Transports in 3 sections)
1) Stand, Angle Iron Post, Bearing Housing = 54 lbs.
2) Hub Assembly = 58 lbs.
3) Plates = 30 lbs.