Elite Swinger Moving Target with 8" Plates
- PATENT PENDING design by Challenge Targets
- Rated for handguns (minimum 10 yards) and rifles (minimum 100 yards)
- Combines steel and cardboard for the ultimate moving target experience
- Unpredictable, lifelike motion that changes each time a steel plate is shot
- Adjustable counterweight allows shooter to set the target to swing at different speeds
- 5/16" thick steel angle iron base provides a sturdy, bullet resistant target platform
- Target holders are adjustable for paper & cardboard targets between 18"-24"
- Stand legs are elevated in the center providing excellent stability on uneven terrain
- Spring loaded tubes and thumb screws secure 1x2 wood furring strips in both directions
- Durable black powder coat finish
- Easily breaks down into three sections for portability
- Cardboard target and wood furring strips are not included
- Includes (3) 8" round AR500 steel plates
- AR500 steel components ship unpainted
The unpredictable and constantly changing motion of this target seems to defy the laws of physics. The system is driven entirely by gravity and has no external power source. The motion of the cardboard target is propelled by the spinning 8" round steel plates. When a plate is shot, it falls to the ground, which alters the weight distribution and motion of the target.
The cardboard target will move left, right, up and down. The initial motion is dependent on the exact placement of the first shot on the steel. It will sometimes start slow, then speed up as the timing of the cardboard syncs with the swinging steel plates. The motion is truly remarkable!
When the first plate is shot, the cardboard target is set into motion and will continue swinging, bobbing and changing speeds for up to 5 minutes even if no additional plates are shot. In USPSA and IDPA matches, shooters can engage one steel plate to activate the system then additional shots can be scored on the cardboard target. For training, shooting the second and third plate will alter and extend the motion of the cardboard or paper target. The training drills and stage designs with this target are infinite!
The system utilizes sealed bearings which will provide years of maintenance free use on outdoor ranges. The target breaks down into portable sections by removing three bolts making it easy to transport in a vehicle and set-up on your range.
When the three steel plates are engaged intermittently, this target can continue moving for up to 8 minutes after activation!
Vertical Frame: 5/16" thick steel angle iron - black paint with white "challenge TARGETS" logo
Legs: 1/4" thick steel with black powder coat finish
Furring Strip Brackets: 7 gage steel with black powder coat finish
Shaft: 1" diameter solid steel shaft with zinc plated finish
Target Plates: 3/8" thick AR500 steel (ship unpainted)
Center Hub & Arms: 3/8" thick AR500 steel (ships unpainted)
Outer Hub: 1/4" AR500 steel (ships unpainted)
Footprint Dimensions: 27" wide x 27" long | 37" diagonal footprint
Total Weight: 133 lbs.