Reactive Hostage Target - Rifle / Handgun Rated
- Ultra durable PATENTED design has no welds
- Rated for centerfire rifles & handguns (velocity under 3,000 fps at target) (energy under 2,300 ft/lbs at target)
- Handguns - minimum distance = 10 yards | Rifles - minimum distance = 100 yards
- Human torso shape AR500 front plate measures 8" wide x 20" tall x 3/8" thick
- Head shape 3/8" thick AR500 paddle - exposed area of head measures 4" wide by 10" tall
- Heavy duty legs constructed of 1/4" steel with durable black powder coat finish
- Base of target has a 35" diagonal footprint that is elevated in the center to provide excellent stability
- Upright posts, exposed brackets and hinge components are constructed of AR500 steel
- Quick release front plate and head paddle can be removed in seconds without tools
- Target is designed to safely deflect bullet fragments into the ground (adjustable forward angle: 5-20 degrees)
- Easy to set-up and transport - WEIGHS ONLY 37 LBS. with front plate detached
- All AR500 steel components ship unpainted
We believe we have designed the ultimate reactive steel hostage target. To our knowledge, it is the only target of this type that functions reliably with both handguns and large caliber rifles. Our unique design utilizes two separate 3/8" AR500 upright posts so the front plate (hostage) and the hinged head plate (hostage taker) are mounted independently. This prevents "false hits" that are common with other target systems. Missed shots that hit the perimeter of the front plate will not flip the head paddle.
The human silhouette profile of the target plates creates a realistic and challenging training scenario. The system is designed to create some lateral movement after the initial shot making follow-up shots more difficult. This movement is adjustable based on the shooters preference and training criteria.
The base of the target incorporates an innovative four point stance which elevates the center of the target dispersing the weight to the outer four corners for excellent stability. The stand legs include anchor holes for staking if extra stability is needed (stakes not included).
Head Shape Paddle: 3/8" thick AR500 steel | Exposed area measures 4"x10" - ships unpainted
Front Silhouette Plate: 3/8" thick AR500 steel | Overall dimensions measure 8" x 20" - ships unpainted
Upright Posts: 3/8" thick AR500 steel - ships unpainted
Base Construction: 1/4" thick steel with black powder coat finish
Base Dimensions: 27" long x 22" wide (35" Diagonal Footprint) |
Product Weight: 60 lbs.
Assembled Height: 50"