Commercial Grade Double Texas Star Target
- PATENT PENDING design maximizes reliability and versatility
- System includes (2) independently rotating hub assemblies (5 plates each)
- Commercial grade design is suitable for high volume year round outdoor use
- Rated for handguns, rifles and shotguns (buckshot)
- Maximum velocity at the target = 3,000 fps
- Maximum energy at the target = 1,300 ft./lbs.
- Minimum shooting distance (handguns = 10 yards / rifles = 100 yards)
- System includes (10) 8" diameter x 3/8" thick AR500 plates
- System includes (10) AR500 x 3/8" thick arms
- Spring retention system makes resetting the target quick and easy
- Target stands over 6' tall when fully assembled
- Heavy gauge cover helps protect pillow bearings from falling plates
- Includes (2) precision machined, hard chrome plated shafts
- Includes (4) maintenance free sealed pillow bearings
- 48" diameter hub assemblies will lay flat in a truck bed and install with a single bolt
- Each 48" diameter hub assembly fits in most truck beds and installs with a single bolt
- AR500 components (Plates & Arms) ship unpainted
Our Double Texas Star Target will blow your mind! With two independently rotating hub assemblies constantly spinning and changing directions, even the best shooters will struggle to drop all 10 plates with one magazine.
The 8" plates are held in place with a unique spring retention system. When shot, the plates are released from the retention pocket and fall to the ground. The change in weight distribution causes the hub and remaining plates to rotate. The precision machined shaft and dual pillow bearings maximize the rotational speed and allow the target to quickly change direction as additional plates are dropped.
Resetting the target is quick and simple. Just lift the spring and insert the stem of the plate into the pocket. One person can reset all 10 plates in about one minute.
Shooting Star Targets have been used in competition for years. The Texas Star is commonly used in 3-Gun and USPSA matches. The Star Target also has a place in tactical and law enforcement programs as training on moving targets has become mandatory for many law enforcement agencies across the country.
Try painting the plates different colors for creative stage designs and training exercises. For example, paint 5 plates red and 5 plates white. Designate red plates as "no shoot" targets and white plates as "shoot" targets. In another drill, you could paint plates 3 or 4 different colors and require shooters to engage the plates in a specific order. The possibilities are endless!
Overall Height: 6' 2" Tall
Paddles: 8" diameter x 3/8" thick AR500 steel (paddles ship unpainted)
Vertical Stem: 5/16" thick A36 angle iron with black powder coat finish
Arms: 3/8" thick AR500 steel (arms ship unpainted)
Finish Notes: AR500 Paddles & Arms ship unpainted, other components are powder or liquid coated as shown
Total Product Weight: 230 lbs. (Transports in 4 sections)
1) Stand, Angle Iron Post, Bearing Housing = 54 lbs.
2) Front Hub Assembly = 58 lbs.
3) Rear Hub Assembly = 58 lbs.
4) Ten Plates = 60 lbs.