Steel PNZ Zone - Heavy Base & Target Holder - Rifle Rated
- Rated for most handguns and rifles
- Maximum velocity at the target = 3,000 fps | Maximum energy at the target = 2,300 ft-lbs.
- This target is designed for personal defense, law enforcement and military training
- Multifunctional base allows you to shoot steel, paper, and cardboard targets
- Hinge mechanism can be locked in upright position or unlocked so the steel falls when shot
- Forward lean can be calibrated so multiple shots are required to drop the steel plate
- 3/8" AR500 steel target measures 4.3" wide x 16.5" long & represents all primary neutralization zones (PNZ)
- Plate shape matches scoring lines on our Shoot / No-Shoot Paper Targets (not included)
- All-weather design with powder coat finish is capable of year-round outdoor use
- Target plate assembly slides onto standard wood 2x4 post
- Portable design breaks down without tools for easy transportation and storage
- Target holder attachment accept two 1x2 furring strips spaced 18" apart
- Cardboard, paper and wood items are not included with this listing
- Target plate ships unpainted
Our Multifunctional Targets include the industry's most versatile target base allowing shooters to incorporate steel, cardboard and paper targets into their training. With the lock pin installed, the plate and wood post remain in the upright position and can be engaged indefinitely without needing to reset the target. With the lock pin removed, the target falls when shot and requires manual reset. NOTE: wood, cardboard and paper items mentioned below are not included with this listing.
Failure to Stop Drills
With the Target Holder attachment installed in the standard configuration, a cardboard backer and paper target can be secured directly in front of the steel PNZ plate. Attach the paper so the vital zones are lined up directly in front of the steel. With the lock pin removed, accurate shots will strike the steel plate and cause the target to fall. The base can be calibrated so multiple shots are required to drop the target. Shooters are instructed to maintain their sight picture and continue shooting until the threat is neutralized.
Decision Making Drills
With the Target Holder attachment installed in the alternate configuration, a cardboard backer and paper target can be secured parallel to the ground so the target image is facing down and not visible to the shooter. With the lock pin removed, accurate shots will strike the steel and cause the plate to fall. The weight of the falling plate will raise the paper target requiring the shooter to make a quick shoot or don't shoot decision.
Target Plate: 4.3"x16.5" x 3/8" thick AR500 steel plate - plate ships unpainted
Construction: Heavy gage steel with black powder coat finish
Base Dimensions: 27" long x 26" wide x 10" tall
Weight: 32.4 lbs.
Note: Wood, cardboard and paper items are not included with this listing