Propeller Texas Star w/ 8" Plates
- PATENTED design by Challenge Targets
- Rated for handgun calibers & shotguns (birdshot & buckshot)
- Minimum shooting distance (handguns = 10 yards / shotguns = 15 yards)
- Includes (6) 8" diameter x 3/8" thick AR500 plates
- Spring retention system makes resetting the target quick and easy
- Robust design intended for high volume commercial use
- Heavy gauge cover protects pillow bearings from falling plates
- Maintenance free, all weather design intended for year-round outdoor use
- Fabricated parts are powder coated & stenciled as pictured
- AR500 steel components ship unpainted (plates, arms & hubs)
This is our most challenging moving target yet! With three independently rotating axes, it's impossible to predict the path of these targets. The 8" plates are held in place with the same spring retention system used on our proven Texas Star platform. When shot, the plates are released from the retention pocket and fall to the ground. The change in weight distribution causes the crossbar and plates to rotate. The precision machined shaft and pillow bearings maximize the speed and change of direction with each successful shot on the plates.
By adding the optional Spindle Lock Kit, you'll be able to independently lock each of the three spindles! This is a must-have feature for newer shooters who might otherwise be intimidated by this target. This option is also great for match directors who are looking to create new and interesting stage designs!
After initial assembly, the Propeller Target is transported in four sections with the heaviest component weighing only 49 lbs. Setting up the target is simple and requires only three bolts to complete the assembly in the field. Resetting the target is quick and simple. Just lift the spring and insert the stem of the plate into the pocket. One person can reset all six plates in about 1 minute.
The PROPELLER is our "spin" on a competition target commonly known as an Irish Plate Rack. These target systems have been used in 3-Gun and USPSA matches for years but also have applications in tactical and law enforcement training. This system satisfies many agency's requirement for training on moving targets.
Overall Height: 6' 8" tall (maximum height from the ground to the top edge of the upper plate)
Target Plates (6): 8" diameter x 3/8" thick AR500 steel (ship unpainted)
Horizontal Crossbar (1): 3/8" thick AR500 steel (ships unpainted)
Arms Hubs (2): 1/4" thick AR500 steel (ships unpainted)
Cross Bar Hub (1): 3/8" thick AR500 steel (ships unpainted)
Structural Vertical Post (1): 5/16" thick A36 angle iron with black powder coat finish
Other Components: Fabricated brackets, covers, etc. are provided with a black powder coat finish
Total Product Weight: 165 lbs (Transports in 4 sections)
1) Stand, Post and Bearing Housing = 49 lbs.
2) Crossbar w/ Propeller Bearing Assemblies = 32 lbs.
3) Propeller Hub = 24 lbs. (each)
4) Target Plates = 36 lbs.